Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010

Life and Times 
small pieces of truth 
whispered on the dance floor 
lift the hazy window for a moment 
fresh air makes you nervous 

why'd you have to come around 
and turn my whole world upside down 
you're wrecking me and everything 
you don't even know what you're doing 

the pigment of your eyes 
watercolor flourish, moonbeam blue 
the smell of your breath each 
day, I get more used to your presence 

you're complicating things by being here 
I wasn't planning on this 
somehow you're getting into my thoughts 
that piece of my heart I protect 

what the fuck, what kicked up all this dust 
taking me back to the places I left behind 
the old life and times 

I need to find my fantastic place the dream 
don't try to take my dream away 
when I grow up I want to keep my dream 
in a leather covered box 
with a blue velvet lining 

these simple things, let your heart feel 
these quiet times, let your heart sing 

what the fuck, what kicked up all this dust 
you're taking me back to 
the places I left behind 
the old life and times 
the old life and times

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen